List of facilities and places in the neighbourhood
  • Cultural Heritage
    Jastrzębie-Zdrój
    The wooden Church of Saints Barbara and Joseph in Jastrzębie-Zdrój was originally located in Jedłownik, a district of Wodzisław Śląski. The first mention of the church appeared in 1447, but it is believed that it could have been built in 1345 as it is suggested by the Latin date carved on one of the beams. The relocation of the church, which took place in the 70s of the twentieth century, was the culmination of a several year long struggle of the local residents for their own place of worship. The church is located on the Wooden Architecture Trail of the Silesia province.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Łaziska
    Łaziska is a village located not far from Jastrzębie-Zdrój and Wodzisław, at the border with the Czech Republic. It is one of the oldest settlements in the region. On a small hill, in the picturesque surroundings of old oaks and chestnut trees, stands the parish church of All Saints. It is dated to the sixteenth, or even the fifteenth century. It is considered to be the most valuable among wooden churches in the country. It is located on the Wooden Architecture Trail of the Silesia province.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Rogów
    Conciliation crosses are very interesting examples of the functioning of medieval criminal law. A few can be found in the area of Wodzisław. Two of them are located in the small village of Rogów. The cross called "Maltese” is characteristic for its shape. It resembles the Cross of the Knights of Malta, who were once present in the Silesian principalities. The other one is distinguished by the fact that in the course of time, it lost one of the arms.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Czernica
    Although Czernica, located close to Rydułtów, is a small town, it boasts many interesting monuments. It is worthwhile to see an old inn, which for some time also served as a church, and a railroad tunnel from the nineteenth century. However, the most remarkable is a neo-Gothic palace built by the Roth family between 1880 and 1885. It is neatly restored. The palace houses public institutions. You should bear in mind that Henryk Mikołaj Górecki, an outstanding Polish composer, was born in Czernica.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Jastrzębie-Zdrój
    Interestingly, the development of the presently defunct spa in Jastrzębie is associated with the drilling accompanied the search for coal. In 1859, during the drilling conducted on the initiative of Emil von Schlieben, owner of Jastrzębie Dolne, a spring of iodine-bromine brine discovered. A year later Count Felix von Königsdorff bought the village and started building care and health facilities. He changed its name to Bad Königsdorff-Jastrzemb.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Jastrzębie-Zdrój
    The Church of the Sacred Heart is located in within the area of the former spa of Jastrzębie-Zdrój. The church was built by adapting the east wing of the "Health Center of Mary". The parish itself of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was founded in 1951. The subsequent history of the efforts to expand the church shows the plight of the faithful and the Church in the People’s Republic of Poland.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Rybnik
    The building of the local government (starostwo) in Rybnik ranks among the most beautiful examples of historicizing styles of architecture in Upper Silesia, which alludes to the so-called Northern Renaissance, also known as the Dutch Renaissance. The building is said to have been built in 1887, and in the interwar period it was expanded. After the restoration work its façade adorned with an elegant gable and turret is particularly beautiful.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Rybnik
    The church located at 12 Miejska Street in Rybnik is one of the parish churches of the Katowice diocese of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession. The origins of the church erected on this site are associated with an old wooden building used for storing and drying fishing nets, which during the reign of Frederick William, King of Prussia, was reconstructed and adapted for the church. The present building dates from the mid-nineteenth century.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Rybnik
    The Dr. Juliusz Roger Rybnik Hospital is initiated by Dr. Juliusz Roger, who came to Silesia in 1847 to assume the position of court physician of Duke Victor I. Juliusz Roger, one of the most remarkable characters of Upper Silesia, was not only doctor, but also a naturalist and folkloriSt The hospital facilities that bear his name, and whose construction he himself initiated, were put into use in 1869, four years after his death.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Rybnik
    The palace in Rybnik is also known as the Piast Castle, but since the times of the Piast dynasty it has undergone many changes. Although the first mention of the castle dates to 327, we know that it existed here as a wooden building in the first half of the thirteenth century, and it had probably been constructed in the twelfth century. The present form of the palace primarily resulted from the rebuilding in the eighteenth century, when it was given the late baroque and neoclassicist appearance.